Sunday 20 April 2014

Expect the unexpected...!!!

It wasn’t like the usual mornings today; at least not in ways I greet my mornings. I broke myself to some expected news unexpectedly. I was taken aback with it as it could change things for me in a lot of ways. All I needed was some peaceful time for myself…to sit and think; but well I forgot for a while that I live in Mumbai. Here for anything that happens to you doesn’t change anything around you.
So I had to get myself up and get ready, finish my daily errands, get going to my work followed by similar activities I do on everyday basis.

Well just like the morning, rest of my day wasn’t good to me either. So finally, in later part of the evening for a good change in my plan I accompanied my mother to some of her workplace. Since she was busy with a few discussions I decided to get back in my car and waited for her until she was done.

While I was fidgeting and playing around with different radio channels in the car, a few minutes later I noticed something odd and repetitive. Every other person walking by the street would join their hands, bow down and pray. Not just one but many people kept doing that and later walked on their respective ways. Its then I realized that my car was parked outside a temple, to which a window was kept open from inside.

It was interesting to observe that hundreds of people passing by the street while walking, driving in their cars, riding over a bike or so would hold on for a few seconds and pray to the God in that temple through that window and then again move ahead. As if everybody, even in their own rush and hurry to reach out to places and finish off things were still trying to spare a few seconds to bow down to the almighty in idea of hope and betterment. 

But there was one man who stood there outside, looking through that small window for more time than usual; he kept on humming something and was praying with extreme intensity and sorrow in his eyes. Weird was a fact that all this while he was standing outside the temple on roadside, wherein instead he could have gone inside and done so.

For once I thought I should ask him why was he standing outside all along but couldn’t disturb him in between his prayers. Rather something provoked me to get out of my own car. I glanced at the sight of the temple insides through the window… and witnessed a beautiful sight; it looked like a window of hopes.

Name it curiosity or what so ever I couldn’t resist myself but simply walked inside the temple and visited the main area. And all I could feel was the calm serenity of the beauty seen through that window from outside. One thought hindered around me was the fact, that if everybody who bowed in front of the window why wouldn’t they visit the temple from inside.
To me the man standing outside and everyone else who just glanced at the temple were unfortunate, enough to have missed the presence of belief in the almighty.

On my way back home, I ingeniously envisaged that in this huge rush of our lives, we are missing onto the essence of everything around us. All we do is just hope for something to happen and forget to believe in ourselves to enact our hopes into actions. Prayers without belief are simply words; they don’t help-out if not backed by actions. To them who accredit their hopes into actions do realize true meaning of faith in the almighty.

And as always I had the happy realization moment to myself and I knew what I had to do. Merely hoping that something or the other should have changed my morning to not make me upset wouldn’t do much; instead I could make the rest of the day work in my favor.

Difficult are not the decision made, but the force that which leads you to enact them… and a final note of the day to myself was that the more I believe in myself the more I will abide the most unexpected from the expected world around.


4 comments:

  1. To have faith is to trust that things will workout for the best. A strong belief in people motivates us to be more and do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful write up.
    Couldn't agree more with your observations and the subsequent knowledge you gained from the observations.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good.. I read this post when it was first published.. read it again.. today..
    for some reason I enjoyed it a whole lot more the second time around..
    Great content.. you are almost there...

    ReplyDelete

let the reviews come in......